Monday, February 06, 2006

No longer a Sock Virgin!

Woo Hoo - I turned my first heel today! I joined the Six Sox knitalong and am busy with the Feb / March sock. I'm trying to get as much done now as possible so I don't feel so bad about abandoning them when it becomes "all Olympic Knitting all the time". This will happen on Friday - think I might finish the sock by then?

This is what the leg looks like - no you can't see the heel on this one as I hadn't done it when I took the photo and haven't had time to take a photo of my progress. This is my first sock and my first beaded knitting.

I did try a sock years ago but lost interest while knitting the heel flap. I have matured. I am really quite impressed with myself. I did GOOD!

3 comments:

auntgerry said...

The beading looks great! I have never tried beading socks but it is on the plan. Maybe about 2050. Ha Ha
I was wondering since you tagged me could you go back to my blog and sign on the frapper map? I'd appreciate you being there.

Anonymous said...

Yep, you sure did great - the leg of the sock looks amazing, and the beading is so well done! I'm sure the heel is as well and I'm looking forward to see the FO when it's done! Keep up the good work - and best wishes from Austria!

emy said...

The beaded sock looks great! I would love to find out how it wears. i.e. does the beads get in the way etc.